Friday 30 October 2015

FURIOUS VAN GAAL HITS BACK AT SCHOLES: HE HAS NO RESPONSIBILITY AT MAN UTD

The Dutchman accuses the former Red
Devils midfielder of speaking for his own
benefit after the ex-England international
labelled the style of play at Old Trafford
"boring"
Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal has
hit back at club legend Paul Scholes in the
wake of the latter describing the Red
Devils' style of play as "boring".
Scholes criticised United's approach under
the Dutchman, claiming he did not feel
entertained when watching his former side.
But Van Gaal responded to the ex-England
international's comments by questioning
what responsibility Scholes has at the club.
"You have an expression," he told
reporters, "I always use Dutch expression
but you have a fantastic expression for that
- 'sticks and stones can break my bones but
names [words] will never hurt me.'
"Fantastic, fantastic expression. You do
understand the meaning of this?
"[Scholes] doesn't have the responsibility,
so he can say everything. Why he is saying
something? For the benefit of the club or
the benefit of himself?"
Van Gaal also questioned why Scholes had
chosen to air his views publically rather
than taking his concerns to an employee of
the club.
"I don't want to defend myself because I
cannot defend, because he is a legend and
he has a lot of resonance, so I hear.
"I think when you are a legend, you have to
speak with the manager or his friend, Ryan
Giggs, or Ed Woodward, but not this way,
because he will be paid by the BBC or Sky.
"When Scholes thinks I should go, then I go
but he is not a responsible man, he is not
the Glazers or Ed Woodward.
"I know when we shall lose and lose and
lose, I shall be finished, but I shall do
everything for this club because, as I have
already said, this club is unbelievable."
Manchester United go into Saturday's clash
with Crystal Palace fourth in the Premier
League table, just two points behind joint-
leaders Manchester City and Arsenal.

No comments:

Post a Comment