Thursday 10 March 2016

Davido Floats New Record Label

Fresh from signing a mouthwatering deal with international
music label, Sony Music Entertainment, pop sensation,
Davido has floated a new record label.
Aptly named ‘Davido Worldwide Music’, the need to float
the new record label according to the ‘Aye’ crooner was
necessary following his new recording and distribution deal
with Sony Music.
Speaking with ERAVE on the new project Davido disclosed
that he cannot sign any international deal without a
verifiable and known company. “I cannot sign an
international deal without a company. Since I cannot sign
as Davido, I registered the ‘Davido Worldwide Music’ label.
It is a company managed separately by myself, my
manager, my executive producer and HKN for my
international endeavours.”
“The Sony deal doesn’t affect HKN label in any way. Sony
Music relates with Davido’s new record label for the
international market. Don’t go and write ‘Davido leaves
HKN’ because I don’t want my brothers to come after me,”
he added jokingly.
You will recall that Davido penned a music deal with Sony
Music in January 2016. The 2 album deal is a recording
and distribution deal which will allow for the publishing and
global distribution of intellectual materials from the
‘Skelewu’ crooner by Sony Music Entertainment.
His label, HKN Gang which he co owns with his elder
brother, Adewale Adeleke is home to music acts such as
Sina Rambo, B-Red, Danagog, Deekay and the newly signed
Mayorkun.

No comments:

Post a Comment