Tuesday 9 February 2016

We missed the opportunity to sign Phyno, Kiss Daniel, 9ice and Cynthia Morgan - Psquare


Paul Okoye said the brothers would have signed
Phyno, 9ice, Kiss Daniel
– Paul explained why the Okoye brothers are doing
things independently
– He said he was sure of achieving success with his new
artiste, Muno
Following the birth RudeBoy records and signing of Muno
to the label, Paul Okoye of Psquare has revealed why the
brothers are doing business individually.
In an exclusive interview with Naij.com on Monday,
February 8 at their Omole residence, Paul maintained that
Psqaure remains intact but it was time for each of them
to try out things independently without hurting the
Psquare family.
He said he decided to sign Muno immediately he heard
him so as not to repeat missed opportunities he had with
some artistes in the past. He revealed that he had missed
opportunity of signing artistes who are now stars just
because he wanted them signed unto Square records.
“When they brought Muno to me, I heard his voice, I
accepted him immediately because I no wan hear say he
don blow tomorrow and I don miss again (general
laughter).”
He further explained that Square records had missed
opportunities of signing several artistes.
“When Jude brought Cynthia Morgan I was in support of
it, but my brother (Peter) wasn’t comfortable with it but
Jude doesn’t want that kind of stories anymore so he
went on his own. We don’t want to experience the kind of
experience we had before because the problems we will
start resolving might even start affecting us. Now, some
of us are now like, ‘if to say we know we for allow this
girl join us o in Square records’.
Asked if he regrets not signing Cynthia Morgan to Square
records, he said; “It’s not only Cynthia Morgan, there is
somebody I regretted, Phyno. That’s exactly what I was
trying to explain to you earlier. I had the opportunity, he
was in my front but because I wanted him on Square
records and I couldn’t get it. He’s still my guy sha.”
Probed further, he stated that he missed the opportunity
of signing 9ice, Kiss Daniel and other music stars.
“Dem plenty. I first had 9ice, i tried to convince my
brothers. Everyone like him o, but then we were working
on our Do Me album. The first artiste I would have signed
to Rudeboy records was when I heard Woju on radio. I
call him Woju (Kiss Daniel). I called everyone but we
couldn’t get him. Music is spiritual, once you have that
feeling, just move.”
Paul who is currently promoting the two singles released
by Muno, No regrets and slow slow, said he is sure of
achieving success with Rudeboy records and Muno. He
equally added that Psquare will return with two or three
new singles in 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment