Thursday 21 April 2016

I was not stoned over Buhari – Sen Misau

ABUJA — SENATOR Isa Misau, yesterday, denied reports
that he was stoned, weekend, by his constituents for
purportedly working against President Muhammadu Buhari.
Misau, who represents Bauchi Central on the platform of the
ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, was reportedly
attacked for his staunch support for the Senate President,
Bukola Saraki, said to be against Buhari’s interest.
PRESIDENT BUHARI
But the senator, in a statement, yesterday, said nothing of
such happened even as he admitted that he was in his
constituency at the weekend.
He said: ”The news rapidly gaining attention in the media
about a purported incidence at Ningi Local Government
Area, Bauchi State, while I was on a routine consultation
exercise with party leaders and constituents in Bauchi
Central Senatorial District, has come to my notice.
“While it is true that I did visit Ningi as part of my
constituency activities over the weekend, there was no
incidence of violence against me as fictitiously reported by
an online news agency, which alleged that I was stoned by
my constituents. It simply did not happen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment